Rhinoplasty is a surgery that reshapes the nose or corrects the breathing system. It can be done by Ear-Nose-Throat surgeons or plastic surgeons and is considered to be a low-risk surgery.
The patient must decide the improvement of his or her nose before doing Rhinoplasty, and the doctor must determine the possible changes for the patient. After comparing the patient’s structure, cartilage, facial structure and skin type, the doctor will start planning the operation.
How an ideal nose should be?
The ideal nose should be symmetrical and have a natural look that matches the face, which also helps to breathe naturally. The ideal concept of the nose, however, differs from person to person, and from country to country. The nose components must be in harmony with each other and provide an appropriate face type appearance. Rhinoplasty is aimed at achieving this harmony and getting a natural-looking nose.
When is it Necessary to Perform a Rhinoplasty?
- If you’re not happy with your nose’s appearance or length.
- If your nose is too big or small or if you have breathing problems, it doesn’t match your face.
- If your nose is too broad and bent strongly.
- If you’ve had congenital problems or an accident.
After Rhinoplasty Surgery
It’s usual 24 hours after surgery to feel swelling and pain in your nose. The doctor will provide you with the medications you need to overcome these problems. It’s also common for the first few days to leak out of the nose for a small amount of blood. After the procedure, your head will stay above your chest to prevent bleeding and swelling. The combined cotton caps are removed in 2 days to keep the bleeding under control and the nasal splint is used.
The nasal splint is removed after about 7 days and the stitching is finished and the tape is applied to the nose. After the surgery, it is normal to have bruises and swelling around the nose and eyes. Although in the first three days it will hit its maximum level, it will improve within two weeks. Cold compresses help to reduce inflammation and swelling. To order not to reduce the rate of healing after the procedure and to preserve the minimum level of bleeding and swelling, the following steps must be taken for a few weeks:
- Avoid sporting activities or exercises.
- You should have a shower in the bathtub instead of the normal shower as long as you have bandages on your nose.
- Do not spray or wipe your nose.
- You should eat fibre-rich foods, such as vegetables and fruits, to prevent constipation (conspicuity may cause surgical pressure) Prevent facial displays, such as smiling and laughing.
- The teeth should be gently brushed by limiting the upper lip movement.
- You should not wear any clothes like shirts and blouses that go through your head.
- You should not wear glasses for at least four weeks because after surgery they are going to apply pressure to your nose.
- You should use the sunscreen SPF30 before you leave. Excessive sun exposure can constantly change the colour of your skin. After rhinoplasty, make sure you do not bleed your nose. Avoid strong sneezing. Smoking and drugs should be stopped. While you stay under care for a short time after the surgery, you will leave the hospital. The doctor will give you a home recovery program.
Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
The ideal body with a charming appearance is very important for men and girls, and they are adversely affected in psychological and social aspects when they have to deal with sagging. This is particularly true for women after pregnancy and men after a lot of weight loss. When it happens, Abdominoplasty is the most effective way to treat it.
Abdominoplasty is the most innovative treatment method, as it reduces skin sagging, excess fatness, softens the abdominal area, covers the navel region and tightens the belly. With the newest technology and equipment, this operation is carried out in Turkey.
Who is the Best Candidate for Abdominoplasty
One of the most significant areas of the body is the abdominal area. A flat belly will please you and make you believe that you wear all the comforts of your favourite clothing. But people who want to perform the procedure must, like every other esthetic procedure, fulfil some features, like:
- abdominal skin is saggy.
- The abdomen’s muscles are collapsing.
- Excess abdominal fat. Excess fat.
- A lot of abdominal cracks.
The tummy tuck is not a weight loss surgery. It is a process that enhances the appearance of the abdomen in people who lost weight or post-pregnancy. It is advised that you wait until the tummy bite is done and/or the weight is determined whether you want to lose weight or if you are pregnant.
Before Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
First, the doctor will recommend that you do some tests to know the exact amount of fat you have in your abdomen (in the case that you have excess fat, he might be able to suggest liposuction in the meantime). During the exams, it is essential to share with your doctor your expectations and your medical history, because it will help you get the best results.
It is important to know that before the surgery, as with all other plastic surgeries,
- You must be over 18 years old,
- You will stop drinking alcohol and cigarettes three weeks before the surgery.
- Inform your doctor regularly about the drugs you use.
- If you use antidepressants or eight loss pills, at least three weeks before the procedure should be discontinued.
- Painters, herbal supplements, vitamins and aspirin should be stopped one week before the surgery.
- Stop eating heavy meals before the operation.
- Before the procedure, you must have completed the weight loss process.
- You will wait until you are born again if you intend to become pregnant again.
- If you have chronic conditions, such as diabetes and blood pressure, it is important to tell your doctor that it must be postponed until the disease is over.
During Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
After childbirth or weight loss, distortion in the abdominal area and muscles can occur. It results in skin deformation in the abdomen.
The tissue forming the abdominal wall dangles during birth, resulting in a swollen abdomen. With the tension of the internal organs of the body, separation of the abdominal muscles from each other makes the abdomen hanging and flaccid. Hence, a tummy tuck is the most efficient way to get rid of excess fat and loose skin.
Depending on the procedure used, the process takes between 1.5-5 hours.
If the doctor opens an incision about 8-10 cm in the area under the abdominal navel and the underwear, you will be under general anaesthesia.
There will be a scar in this area because of the incision, but it can easily be hidden because it will stay under the underwear.
Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) Techniques
Liposuction, breast and uterine and ovarian surgery, together with the tummy tuck, can be performed. The method applied is based on the elasticity of the skin, the degree of slumping and the abdominal muscle volume.
Fully Abdominoplasty: The incision and excess skin underneath the navel are removed, tight abdominal muscles are tightened, and the navel’s shape is corrected if deformed. Excess fat is also eliminated in the belly and legs.
Mini Abdominoplasty: The mini tummy tuck is a more straightforward treatment; it is for those without any symptoms of skin sluggishness. This extracts only hair and excess fat from the lower abdomen. When required, the tummy muscles can also be relaxed.
A procedure that takes advanced medical techniques to remove the accumulated fat in some parts of the body and makes the body more consistent. Liposuction is made all over the world for aesthetic purposes. However, some medical conditions and men’s gynecomastia can be treated. Liposuction, known as body carving, offers permanent solutions to reduce the number of fat cells that have grown as a result of weight gain.
On these parts of the body, Liposuction can be done:
- Breast and back.
Who is suitable for Liposuction?
People over the age of 18 who have no health problems and doctors have checked their capacity can do Liposuction. It is critical that patients have no blood pressure and immune system problems. The doctor must thoroughly examine the patient and test their health
This procedure takes 1-6 hours on average depending on the amount of fat to be sucked and the technique used. Based on the doctor’s opinion, the form of anaesthesia will be chosen, and it may be local or general anaesthesia. As with other cosmetic operations, the expertise of the doctor is very important, especially to decide the amount of fat to be suctioned and to ensure that the wellbeing of the patient is not exceeded by 5 litres.
The analysis of the expected results is crucial between the doctor and patient, as with other procedures, the doctor will inform the patient at this point about possible risks and all information. The patient will tell the doctor of their preferences, health issues, medications used and medical history. The doctor must assess the region to be sucked before the operation. With the new technology, patients will see how they will be after the surgery.
Before the procedure, there are some important things:
- Avoid using blood transfusions or aspirin at least two weeks before surgery.
- Patients with anaemia will inform their doctor before surgery that some vitamins and iron may be used to help the body.
- Massage of lymphatic drainage is performed.
Fat is removed by high-density lasers and then absorbed by this procedure. It is usually applied by the technique of Tumescent. And it is preferable if there is little or medium fat to be sucked, and if it is applied alongside Tumescent, a large quantity of fat with a high success rate can be removed.
The patient may need to stay in the hospital after the surgery or leave on the same day, depending on the amount of fat to be suctioned and the doctor’s opinion. Patients will begin to feel better after the first week. If the stitches are not absorbed, they are removed after the first week. Liposuction can lead to some symptoms such as swelling which redness and can lead to bleeding or infection. Many drugs may reduce these risks. These symptoms usually go away after six weeks of surgery, and simple pain such as itching will disappear within 3-4 days. If the doctor uses bandages, after the second day of procedure, he must remove the bandages.
Patients with Liposuction will return in 4-5 days to their day-to-day lives. After two weeks, they can practice light sports and after three weeks, heavy sports can be practised, but the doctor’s agreement is required. After 6-8 months, the body will take its final form. Cellulite is not removed by Liposuction, but the body is carved. Furthermore, Liposuction does not enhance physical health, as the primary purpose is to improve the external appearance.
After the procedure, there are several things to consider:
- People with Liposuction should follow a healthy diet, as the weight can be increased again even after Liposuction.
- You should not eat salt-rich food.
- You shouldn’t eat fat-rich food, including low-fat milk and cheese.
- To prevent bruising after surgery, it is preferable to consume liquid food.
- You need to eat more fruit and vegetables.
- To avoid swelling, you will wear your doctor’s medical corset for the prescribed duration.
The results vary from person to person, the type of skin and the fat content play a vital role in the results. Turkey is one of the best countries in the field of cosmetic operation, particularly Liposuction.